As part of the NRL project for the construction of the new coastal road for the GTOI-SBTPC-VCT group, hard terrain requires rock-fragmentation. MAREE participates here as an expert in underwater acoustics to assess the risks associated with the use of buried explosive charges.
- Measuring the acoustic intensities in-situ :
- (i) Closest to the load,
- (ii) behind the bubble curtain,
- (iii) at 750 m.
- Predicting acoustic propagation
- Designing bubble curtain features for an optimal attenuation of sound waves emitted
- Assisting GTOI to validate the good compliance with the regulations during testing.
- Refining the propagation model to provide better predicted intensities of the sound produced at 750 m for future operations.