Magnetic methods only apply to ferromagnetic objects and burial depth is not determined.
Two acoustic methods have been designed by MAREE :
- One imagery method, easy to apply and delivering quickly the result,
- One inversion method, separating efficiently insulated scatterers from strata reflection, allowing detection and localization of buried objects (UXO or cable)
Imaging Method :
An image processing algorithm, based on a fast pseudo synthetical aperture method, is applied to acoustic data on a horizontal array and reveals scatterers pixels.
Augmented geoacoustical inversion :
A SCAMPI based geoacousical inversion reveals the stratification of the sub-seafloor. Then, an additional processing is applied to handle with scattering phenomena to detect and localize buried objects.
- Allow to detect all kind of object, including non ferromagnetic objets
- Complementarity with magneic methods,
- Suited to the following step of classification
For more information : contact us